The Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative having its registered office at 15 Chemin Louis-Dunant, 1202 Geneva, Switzerland (“We”) as a data controller are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1. What Information we collect and process about you
- Information you give us: by filling in forms on our websites (dndi.org and www.gardp.org) or any of our other websites (“our sites”) or corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use accounts, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our sites, make a donation, subscribe to newletters, apply for jobs and when you report a problem with our sites. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, information relating to your work experience, and job application details.
- Information we collect about you.
We automatically collect the following information from your visits to our sites:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or mobile device to the Internet, online identifiers, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our sites (including date and time)
We may also collect information relating to page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call us.
3. What we do with your personal information
We use information held about you to:
- carry out any obligations from any contracts entered into between you and us and provide you with information and services that you request from us;
- provide access to such services and interactive features on or sites that you have subscribed to and to notify you of any changes;
- process any donation you make;
- process any job application you make;
- administer our sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- improve our sites and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- use efforts to keep our sites safe and secure.
We are working closely with third parties (including for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search engine providers). We will only solicit and use information that we receive about you from third parties for the purposes listed above.
4. How we share your personal information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- any DNDi regional offices, DNDi affiliated entities, and any entity set up for the business of the global antibiotics research and development partnership (GARDP) on a world-wide basis to the extent that they need to have access to your personal data for the purposes set out in section 3.
- suppliers and sub-contractors to the extent necessary to maintain and support our sites for the performance of any contract we enter into with you or them;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- providers of communications and fundraising services unless you have informed us you do not wish your information to be used in this way
5. How and where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will only store the data that we hold about you for as long as necessary for the purpose you provided it for and to comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
6. Links to other sites
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for communications and fundraising purposes. We will usually inform you if we intend to use your data for such purposes and if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purpose. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by informing us that you do not wish your information to be used for such purpose. You also have the right to ask for the access to, amendment or deletion of your personal information at any time. You can enforce your rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. If you feel that we have not appropriately handled the matter, you also have the right to refer the matter to