- Till Bachmann, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Amrita Sukrity, SpotSense, India
- David Anderson, Burnet Institute, Australia
Moderator: Caroline Purslow, Nesta Challenges
In this webinar our moderator Caroline Purslow (Nesta Challenges) welcomed three speakers.
Till Bachmann gave an overview of recent advances in AMR diagnostics development. He discussed:
- State of the art approaches for diagnosing infections and AMR
- Pipeline of promising tests
- Challenges of adoption
Amrita Sukrity drew from her experience as a founder of SpotSense and talked about diagnosis of neonatal sepsis at the community level. Topics discussed included:
- Challenges across diagnosing newborn sepsis in NICU vs. in the community
- Identifying different phases of sepsis by combining risk parameters and biomarker data
- Creating outlines for biomarker-based differential diagnosis: work ahead
And finally, David Anderson’s presentation ‘CD64 as a host-response biomarker in sepsis and severe infections’ covered:
- Limitations of flow cytometry for CD64 as a diagnostic tool of sepsis and severe infections in emergency situations
- Novel observations on CD64 biology that should facilitate more sensitive a point-of-care (POC) diagnostic tests for sepsis and severe infections
- The ongoing development of a POC diagnostic test for neutrophil CD64
The presentation was followed by a Q&A session.
This live webinar including interactive Q&A session was broadcast on 26 November 2019.
If you have questions or comments, please let us know. Do so by submitting them via the ‘Talk to an expert’ feature or contact us per email: firstname.lastname@example.org.