- Till Bachmann, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Amrita Sukrity, SpotSense, India
- David Anderson, Burnet Institute, Australia
Moderator: Caroline Purslow, Nesta Challenges
In this webinar our moderator Caroline Purslow (Nesta Challenges) welcomed three speakers.
Till Bachmann gave an overview of recent advances in AMR diagnostics development. He discussed:
- State of the art approaches for diagnosing infections and AMR
- Pipeline of promising tests
- Challenges of adoption
Amrita Sukrity drew from her experience as a founder of SpotSense and talked about diagnosis of neonatal sepsis at the community level. Topics discussed included:
- Challenges across diagnosing newborn sepsis in NICU vs. in the community
- Identifying different phases of sepsis by combining risk parameters and biomarker data
- Creating outlines for biomarker-based differential diagnosis: work ahead
And finally, David Anderson’s presentation ‘CD64 as a host-response biomarker in sepsis and severe infections’ covered:
- Limitations of flow cytometry for CD64 as a diagnostic tool of sepsis and severe infections in emergency situations
- Novel observations on CD64 biology that should facilitate more sensitive a point-of-care (POC) diagnostic tests for sepsis and severe infections
- The ongoing development of a POC diagnostic test for neutrophil CD64
The presentation was followed by a Q&A session.
This live webinar including interactive Q&A session was broadcast on 26 November 2019.