Speaker: Ursula Theuretzbacher, CEFAIA (Austria)
Moderator: Prabhavathi Fernandes, Chair of GARDP’s Scientific Advisory Committee (USA)
In this webinar, Ursula Theuretzbacher discussed the following aspects of non-traditional antibacterial therapeutics:
- Discovery and early development of “non-traditional” antibacterial approaches is a noticeable trend in the pre-clinical global pipeline
- These approaches include anti-virulence strategies, microbiome-modifying therapies, phages and others such as nanoparticles, immunotherapy and drug-resistance modulation.
- Some of these approaches require novel preclinical efficacy models to predict clinical outcome
- Pathogen-specific or even patient-specific strategies dominate this field
- A major challenge will be to show efficacy in clinical trials
For the Q&A session, Ursula was joined by Laura Piddock (GARDP).
This live webinar including interactive Q&A session was broadcast on 4 February 2020.
If you have questions or comments, please let us know. Do so by submitting them via the ‘Talk to an expert’ feature or contact us by email: email@example.com.