- Dee Shortridge, Senior Director, JMI Laboratories (USA)
- Rafael Cantón, Head of Clinical Microbiology Department, Hospital Universitario Ramón y Cajal; Associated Profesor, Complutense University Madrid (Spain)
- Christian Giske, Professor/Chief consultant physician, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Karolinska Institutet (Sweden)
Presentation 1: Pre-clinical antimicrobial susceptibility testing: considerations and challenges (Dee Shortridge)
- Steps for developing an in vitro susceptibility test for your lead compound
- Studies needed to characterize your compound
- Points to consider if your compound is not typical
Presentation 2: Pitfalls and opportunities of susceptibility testing in clinical trials of new antibiotics (Rafael Cantón)
- The introduction of new antimicrobials needs antimicrobial susceptibility testing to define their profile and the alignment with regulators.
- Susceptibility testing data are also used to define both clinical and PK/PD breakpoints.
- Moreover, they can be used to recognize wild type populations and anticipate emergence or resistance.
This live webinar including an interactive Q&A session was broadcast on 2 March 2023.
If you have questions or comments, please let us know: email@example.com.