- Jesús Rodríguez-Baño, Professor of medicine, University of Seville; and Head, Infectious Diseases division, Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena (Spain)
- Julia Bielicki, Senior consultant in paediatric infectious diseases, University of Basel Children’s Hospital (Switzerland); and Reader in paediatric infectious diseases, St George’s, University of London (UK)
- Marc Bonten, Professor of molecular epidemiology of infectious diseases, University Medical Centre Utrecht (the Netherlands)
Presentation 1: Trials in complicated urinary tract infections – opportunities from POS-cUTI/ECRAID (Jesús Rodríguez-Baño)
- Specific aspects of randomized trials in cUTI were reviewed.
- New desings in trials in cUTI were discussed.
- POS-cUTI was presented and opportunities discussed.
Presentation 2: Planning for change: Severe Neonatal Infection Platform – AFRICA (SNIP-AFRICA) (Julia Bielicki)
Since the evidence base for neonatal sepsis management in LMICs with high prevalence of resistant bacteria is limited, a research architecture is required to flexibly and efficiently accommodate a range of activities to address corresponding research questions. SNIP-AFRICA represents such an architecture to be implemented in the sub-Saharan African setting through leveraging the expertise, experience and on-going research of the diverse SNIP-AFRICA partnership. SNIP-AFRICA has been explicitly planned with extensions and adaptations in mind to facilitate integration of new interventions, in particular new or repurposed antibiotics, into its overall work plan.
This webinar was done in collaboration with Ecraid – the European Clinical Research Alliance on Infectious Diseases.
This live webinar including an interactive Q&A session was broadcast on 20 September 2023.
If you have questions or comments, please let us know: email@example.com.