- Phoebe Williams, Sydney Children’s Hospital and University of Sydney (Australia)
- Irja Lutsar, University of Tartu (Estonia)
Moderator: Sally Ellis (GARDP)
Phoebe’s presentation discussed:
- Status quo – what antibiotics do we have (left) for children and babies
- Where is the biggest medical need?
- Challenges of clinical trials in children – the clinicians perspective
- What impact will new drugs have in day-to-day practice and how does this depend on the setting (e.g. LMICs vs. high-income; community vs. hospital)?
- Clinical development of antibiotics for children; incl. new formulations of existing antibiotics including general regulatory requirements
- Brief overview of the type of data required for a new antibiotic for paediatric use; i.e. PK and other data
- Challenges of clinical trials in children and babies – the drug developers/regulatory perspective
The presentations were followed by a Q&A session.
This live webinar including interactive Q&A session was broadcast on 28 October 2020.
If you have questions or comments, please let us know: email@example.com.